JR North

Default Drilling holes Correcting mistakes in hole locations

Get into the WayBack machine and have Mr. Peabody take you back to where
you started drilling.
Failing that, a 1/8" carbide double-cut bit in the Dremel will make
short work out of elongating one wall of the holes. Note that the torque
and climbing action of the bit will cause it to cut in a direction apx.
45° to the left of the desired path.
JR
Dweller in the cellar
Fred wrote:
Drilling 1/4" holes on a 1/8" thick mild steel plate on a floor drill press
but a few of the holes were off. Try to corrected it on my drill press to
widen the holes with the same 1/4" drill bit the bid just deflected from
side pressure. I do not want to use a larger bit since it will make the
holes too large. I then try to corrected it with a Dremel with one of those
small cylindrical grinding stone attached to a 1/8" shaft to get in the 1/4"
hole but the grinding stone only lasted about 10 seconds before
disintegrated. So what is the right tool/method just to widen those holes on
one side?

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"