SteveB

Default Welder for around $1,000

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 05:01:48 GMT, Ignoramus24693
wrote:

Quite conversely, a novice weldor with a nice welder (welding machine)
can produce serviceable welds. For example, I am as new to welding as
it could be, and my basically second weld passed a destructive test
quite well. A section of a butt weld did not fail after bending 180%.

I give full credit to the machine, and none to myself.

Gorilla welds have been around for a long time. They are the common name
for "serviceable welds." They hold for a very long time, and technically
ARE welding, but they don't have a lot to do with real welding. Good welds
have to stand up to much harsher things like x-rays, NDT, magnaflux and
other NDT methods.

Steve