Don Foreman

Default Welder for around $1,000

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 05:01:48 GMT, Ignoramus24693
wrote:

Quite conversely, a novice weldor with a nice welder (welding machine)
can produce serviceable welds. For example, I am as new to welding as
it could be, and my basically second weld passed a destructive test
quite well. A section of a butt weld did not fail after bending 180%.

I give full credit to the machine, and none to myself.

Check out

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Welding/01-First-Weld/

I agree with the preamble but gag on the fini. Your example is
completely irrelevant to the OP. These are typical first-try novice
stick welds in metal much thicker than the OP is interested in. The
OP might prefer to see pix of your TIG welds in 24 gage steel and 20
gage aluminum as evidence of your credibility as an advisor.

I'd like to see those too! I'll post mine if you'll post yours.

I stand way behind Ernie when it comes to welding. You currently
stand way behind me and many RCM'ers on that subject.