Edward Cowburn

Default car radio?

Can you use a piece of wire and solder that to the connection? Just a
thought
"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

Hi...

Got my fingers crossed that one or more of you might have a
bit of experience on car stereo's and be willing to advise

Got a new car (not new, new to me) with a great factory am/fm/cd
in it. Works perfectly, except no display.

Googled the prob, found a common fault described, but not applicable
to this particular model. (Chrysler infinity, made by Alpine)

What I did find removing the top cover is one of the plugs
is marked on the inside as "lamp". Wiggling this a bit, I can
make the display come on

Downside, hard to describe, is that plug connects to a bit of a
vertical pcb, which in turn goes into the top motherboard.
Wiggling this will easily turn off/on the display.

Now finally to the embarassing problem. I can fix it easily by
reflowing where that vertical board attaches to the motherboard,
but how in the world do I get at the bottom of it?

That durned "motherboard" is attached in so many ways and in so
many places that I can't imagine getting it out. Even has twist
tabs through it that are heavily soldered

Could perhaps try to flow a bit of solder through the board, but
not enough room to get even the tiniest pencil in there.

Appreciate any suggestions or advice, and thanks in advance.

Take care.

Ken