CW

Default Preventing rusty fingerprints on shoulder planes

Gun blue won't help. Browning will though. Not so much that it will prevent
it, it just won't show as bad.

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:57:38 -0700, David wrote:

it's just the sides where my sweaty hands have touched.

One of my friends (a smoker and a lab chemist) has sweat as corrosive as
something from Alien. A great many silver-plate ornaments have suffered
his black fingerprints o'doom and there's even one etched into the
chrome plated traverse handwheel of the lathe.

Maybe you could gun-blue your shoulder plane ?