Mike O.

Default Miter on Crown Molding, 70 degree??????

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:05:51 GMT, evodawg
wrote:

For the life of me I cannot imagine the joint, much less how to cut it
since 140 degrees would make the length of the mitre something like 18"
long.

Robert

70* angle inside left inside right
__________________
/
/ ------ This wall angle is 140*
/ more than is shown.
| its a fireplace wall

A cut that requires 70 degrees on each inside angle would make the
room look more like the angle on the end of a sharp pencil than what
you have drawn here.
Is it possible that you are reading the angle finder incorrectly or
that it only has one scale? Some angle finders only have one scale
and you have to subtract 140 from 180 to get 40 degrees then divide
that in half and you have two 20 degree cuts which is much closer to
what you have drawn. If I was guessing, I'd say it's probably 22 1/2
degrees.

Mike O.