Jerry Foster

Default amount of elec.used for welders???

"monkers" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have had a recent increase in my electric bill (two actually) and was
curious how to find out the amount of electric used for various types
of welders. I have a Lincoln 110v Mig, Lincoln Ideal Arc 250 220v arc
welder, and a Lincoln Square Wave 175 Tig welder, also 220v.
I would like to know how much elec. is used when the machines
are welding at about 50-75% of their duty cycle. Im trying to figure
out how much to charge to make up for the increase.
Thanks, Craig

You're asking the wrong question... It's not just the electricity the
welders use, it is your shop's total usage that counts. When you figure
your shop rate, you should base it, in part, on the total cost of operating
the shop. And your total electric bill is part of that. It's not just the
welder, it's the lights, it's the power, perhaps, consumed by the computer
you use to do the billing, etc., etc. And, while you can bill only for the
time you actually spend on the job, you also have to cover the time you
spend dealing with the customers (including those who, in the end, elect not
to purchase your services), the time you spend dealing with salesmen or
driving over to the welding supply for whatever, the time you spend in the
john, etc., etc.

Jerry