John P.

Default Online Sources for Powder (coatings)

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 00:35:11 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

What do you have as a booth and oven?
What brand of gun?

Well, I should start by saying that I have a guy that has done all of
my powder coating for me. He is quite good and that is all he does.

Having said that, sometimes I have small things that it would make
sense if I just did them myself... so, I just purchased the new Sears
powder coating gun
(http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...=00 917288000)
and was planning on an infrared heater. I must say that the one at
Columbia Coatings
(http://www.columbiacoatings.com/1152...5erfrg5467.htm)
looks very nice.

As far as a booth is concerned, I don't have one. Was planning on
just shooting it in my garage and using some sort of a drop cloth to
provide a backdrop and then vacuum up the remnants.

Again, if I get anything substantial to do I'll take it to my pro. But
hopefully no one sees any issues with me doing small, non-complex
stuff at home in my garage?

Thanks,

John P.