Unknown

Default I need some ideas on using old 2-liter bottles.

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:40:08 -0400, Doug Warner
wrote:

,;"Hugh Prescott" wrote:
,;
,;
,;"SteveB" wrote in message
,;news:hjX3f.15750$fE5.8187@fed1read06...
,;
,; And with a SMALL piece of dry ice and a little bit of water, they make a
,; great noisemaker.
,;
,; Steve
,;
,;Considered to be the equivlent of a pipe bomb in Illinois, mandatory jail
,;time even for minors.
,;
,;
,;In high school metal shop, the instructor did the three balloon demo:
,;1. Oxygen (popped when ignited)
,;2. Acetelyne. (Quick burst of yellow flame.)
,;3. Mixture, in small ballon. (Big bang, suprised students)
,;
,;I wonder if they still do this stunt today, and if they'd be arrested
,;for bomb making if they did..

It is a routine demonstration in chemistry courses but they usually
use hydrogen instead of acetylene.

The stoichiometric mixture provides a BIG BANG.