Default Miter on Crown Molding, 70 degree??????

evodawg wrote:
Duane Bozarth wrote:

evodawg wrote:

I have a crown molding cut to make that I just can't figure out how to
make. It's a 140 degree left hand right hand. So the miter saw has to be
set to 70 degrees. How do I cut this with a miter saw that only handles
50 degrees at most. The crown is a 6" 45* spring angle. I have no problem
with crown that is 50* or less but just can't figure out how to make this
cut!

Either make the cut manually or make a backer for the saw at an angle
such that the needed cut is within the range of the saw. For large
moulding, unless you have a large sliding-head saw you may not be able
to use it.

If the backer you make is 30deg (convenient becuase of large prefab
triangles to set the angle), then the remaining cut would be 40....

Hmmmmmmmmm, that sounds like an alternative. I just hope I can fit it on my
saw. I'm thinking or wondering if a cope cut would be possible at that
angle? Maybe it's time to visit the book store or library. Think I'll check
out Home Depots self help area this weekend.

this is an inside corner? those should always be coped.