Dave

Default How do indicators age?

DeepDiver wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:

Then it is not isopropyl alcohol; it is 70 percent isopropyl alcohol,
commonly sold as "rubbing alcohol". Isopropyl alcohol specifies
just that, isopropyl alcohol, not a dilution thereof.

Excuse me for not being more precise. Allow me to re-phrase my
statement: Most commonly available isopropyl alcohol SOLUTIONS
contains a fair amount of water. Better?

I don't know what Anthony has available in his shop, but I'll
wager that very few people here have ready access to 100% reagent-
grade isopropyl alcohol. For many people, the recommendation to
use "isopropyl alcohol" would simply imply that they go down to
the drug store and buy a bottle of "Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol"
which would be a poor choice for cleaning precision instruments.
That was the cogent point of my original post.

How about using desalinated prune juice? See;

http://www.cartalk.com/content/colum...cember/04.html