Cicero

Default Fireproof document storage

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
At last we've finally paid off our mortgage and have been sent a huge
bundle of deeds and papers relating to the house.

My first thought was to get a fireproof document storage box to keep
them in, but some of the papers are too long ( 360mm ) to fit in any of
the boxes that I've seen and it isn't very practical to fold up the
bundles of paper to fit them in a smaller box.

Fireproof document safes do not exist. Fire resistant ones do, but they
only resist for so long. Expect half an hour or an hour.

I'd go with a sealed container, down at the bottom of an ocean.
That's pretty fireproof.

Unless it lands near a volcanic vent.

Cic.