Karl Vorwerk

Default I need some ideas on using old 2-liter bottles.

I used one to even out the pressure variations from the regulator so my
airbrush wouldn't pulse.
Karl

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
ups.com...
Maybe this has already been addressed here but I have been trying to
come up with good uses for two liter plastic bottles for years. If any
of you have a good idea about this I would appreciate hearing about it.

Just some of the things I do with them:
As a bachelor with a deep freeze I wash them out and fill with water
and place in the bottom part of my freezer. On a couple occasions when
the power went off the frozen 2 litter water bottles kept the food from

spoiling. Also makes a good supply of survival water if needed.

They make great bird & squirrel feeders with a few modifications.

Screwing the caps to the bottom of shelves in my shop allows me storage

space for things like nails, screws or just about anything that fits in

the mouth. Since the caps on the 16oz and 1 liter bottles have the same

threads I can use the appropriate sizes. Transparency make for easy
I.D. of contents.

Make great rockets with the proper air pump etc.

Great molds for wax candles. Leave in the bottle to protect against
insects and rodents until needed. To remove use utility knife to cut
around the bottle then place in hot water and pull bottle apart after a

minute or so.

Remove the caps and crimp four or more small diameter wires on the cap
with the slightly (inwardly) curved wires extending into the bottle
three inches or so. Place a dollop of peanut butter or other bait
inside the bottle and you have a great live trap for mice and other
small critters. Makes a great execution chamber with appropriate
chemicals and cap on or transportation method to a safe release area.

These are just a few of the uses I have found. I would appreciate any
ideas anyone can add.

T.I.A,
Dennis