Default Fireproof document storage

wrote:
At last we've finally paid off our mortgage and have been sent a huge
bundle of deeds and papers relating to the house.

My first thought was to get a fireproof document storage box to keep
them in, but some of the papers are too long ( 360mm ) to fit in any of
the boxes that I've seen and it isn't very practical to fold up the
bundles of paper to fit them in a smaller box.

Fireproof document safes do not exist. Fire resistant ones do, but they
only resist for so long. Expect half an hour or an hour.

Theyre made with 3 layers:

inner metal container
outer metal container
something insulating between the 2.

Air insulation alone will keep documents alive for a limited time, so
simply placing them in a biscuit tin inside your filing cabinet would
give them some protection. If making something I'd probably go with
foamed concrete for the insulation, ie breeze blocks.

Note fire resistant safes are typically made to look like security
safes to increase sales, but do not IRL provide much security.

NT