Helen

Default Liability: I'm not responsible for your kids!

"Alt-Ctrl-Del" AltCtrlDel@äää.òÕÿÿÿÿÞ wrote in message
ink.net...
I believe if I were in that situation, I would have sacrificed my life if
it had to be that way to save the child. If I did not know how to swim,
and I knew that I could perhaps jump in and throw the child up on the bank
even if I knew beforehand that I would die, I would have done it.

Then maybe the child would have been shocked enough to cry loudly and
attract attention or crawl and climb away. A child's life is worth so much
more than an adults. A lot of adults today are self-centered, vain, all
about myself type people that would watch the little baby drown and say; I
might die if I try to save the child, so I will just let the baby die.

Deep down it is not self preservation, it is cowardice. A child's
existence on this earth is delicate at best in many circumstances and they
rely on us to protect and save them from the hazards that await them. We
know the dangers, but they do not. We should step up and do what many of
them want us to do as their little lives are slipping away and they do not
understand the pain and sudden, unexpected horror that is overtaking them.
We should sacrifice ourselves if need be.

Whether or not the child is yours that is dying should not matter. Every
child is precious, they all belong to someone. Just because their parents
may not should have ever had children and put them in danger or the
situation they find themselves in happens to be a true, unavoidable
accident is not the child's fault.

What I am trying to say is, don't worry about your own life when a little
precious, innocent, life is slipping away. Do what needs to be done and if
both of you die in the process, it was worth it to try. The baby wanted
you to try.

Alt

Well, Altie, that sounds like conventional wisdom and probably would have
occurred decades ago without a thought, a camera, a news story or a lawsuit,
but today we live in the MTV generation where babies are such horrendous
inconveniences that they must be disposed of at the earliest possible time,
preferably before they even get to experience any life. Daily this occurs by
the thousands and to those much more helpless than a two year old; and
it is such a big business that people fight and argue over the right to dispose
of them. So what's the big deal about a two year old? He got to live longer
than millions do and for that you should be grateful. I'm inclined to believe
that all the talk about valuing children is nothing but a big lie, and the evidence
for that is amply demonstrated by the millions of lives that are thoughtlessly
snuffed out and the little kids that are abused daily. Five years ago the stats
were 1:4 for little girls and 1:5 for little boys. That's a huge majority of American
children that are abused daily! Every three minutes in the USA, some child is
being abused. Perhaps this case is simply another little boy saved from a live of abuse?
To most people, children are merely things to be used and abused at will.

There was a time in this country when your neighbor would discipline your children
in your absence and then inform you. Today you would be sued and deprived of
your family and home if you look cross-eyed at some one else's child. It used to
be that teachers could discipline misbehaving children, now they cannot. It used
to be ... a semi-civil society, now it's the culture of death and you must conduct an
international meeting before you can correct a child. It's the result of the "if it feels
good, do it" philosophy. It's the result of what passes for "choice", it's the result
of selfishness and hatred for children. Children are supposed to do whatever they
want, when they want, how they want because that absence of control over them
allows them to flourish and grow...and sometimes fall in the river and drown. No
biggie. They're just animals, aren't they? Animals are worth more than children
and so don't worry about a slip-and-fall case where the slip is into a raging river.