Jim Weisgram

Default Dust Collection Ports

On 13 Oct 2005 09:26:07 -0700, "Rocky" wrote:

I have seen much on this group on how much efficiency will be achieved
if I change from my current Sears shop vac and 2" blast gates and
piping system to a real DC system. Since most of my tools are
Craftsman, will I need to modify the tool ports to make them larger?
Any info on what others have done would be appreciated.

Rocky

Just a note: 4" is fairly standard for real dust collectors but still
imposes quite a bit of efficiency loss. IMO the definitive web site on
dust collection for home woodshops is Bill Pentz' site, you will find
it referred to frequently on the wreck:

http://www.billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm