bw

Default amount of elec.used for welders???

"monkers" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have had a recent increase in my electric bill (two actually) and was
curious how to find out the amount of electric used for various types
of welders. I have a Lincoln 110v Mig, Lincoln Ideal Arc 250 220v arc
welder, and a Lincoln Square Wave 175 Tig welder, also 220v.
I would like to know how much elec. is used when the machines
are welding at about 50-75% of their duty cycle. Im trying to figure
out how much to charge to make up for the increase.
Thanks, Craig

Depends on the work and time.
If 8 hours a day, at 3 kW, then 24 kWh per day. About $3
At 50 percent duty then $1.50