Harry K

Default Air Lifting

Goedjn wrote:

And if you're depending on the venturi-effect to get the
water into the lift-column, how do you expect to get ENOUGH
water in there to seal in the next bubble? All you're
going to get is an atomized spray. That will, admittedly,
get a nominal amount of water to the top of the exhaust
port, just not enough to matter.

Wrong. The tube starts out empty. Tube goes to bottom of tank into a
"bell" with the air inserted under it. Not a big trick.

Ok, when YOU use the word "venturi", what do you mean?

I haven't used the word. A venturi operates on the principle of a
reduced section of pipe (in this proposed system) with an air injection
(or water) mounted so the nozzle is in, or just before, the reduced
section. A jet pump works on the same priciple, pump a bunch of water
up the pipe to draw more water into the stream. I actually built a
"mud" siphon of plumbing parts to clear siltation from a smal
irrigation pond, used water for the moving from the irrigation pump for
the motive source.

Harry K