Default Intermittent static when viewing cable, cable ready problem?

I swapped in a different tv. I did not carry the 31" downstairs. The
new set did not have any static at any time.

I tried what electricitym man suggested: reconnecting the old tv and
using the vcr tuner. And experienced 2+ days of no static whatsoever.
But the static has returned. To be very clear the connection is
wall-digital box-vcr (vcr on, vcr on vcr not tv, set to channel 4)-tv
channel 4. And I am using coaxial cable all the way trough. I believe
electricitym had intended that I use the composite output from the vcr
and bypass the tv's coax/tuner completely. I will do that as a last
resort but the tv is a bit older and only has coax and
s-video/composite inputs.

I will next try to open the unit and inspect grounds and soder joints.

I won't be able to get to it until sunday, thanks to everyone for their
input.
DC

wrote:
After you swapped tvs and the problem did not reoccur, did you go back
to the original location for each set, or did you leave them swapped?
That is crucial to know before we make further prognoses.

H. R. Hofmann