Toller

Default Preventing rusty fingerprints on shoulder planes

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
My two shoulder planes keep getting rust marks even though I coat them
with wax and a liberal coat of T9. nothing else rusts in my shop and
it's not from humidity; it's from my fingers. Short of wearing gloves,
what might I to coat the sides of these planes with so I don't have to
keep removing rust. the soles are fine; it's just the sides where my
sweaty hands have touched.

Maybe nothing Dave. This is something that guitar players have moaned
about
forever. People like me have sweat than just seems to rust things and
we'll
rot a set of strings in no time. I have to change my strings almost 3
times
as often as other people I play with. Fortunately, I don't worry much
about
keeping my tools shine like new, or I'd drive myself crazy.
--

When my wife was pregnant, her sweat rotted our Nordic Track like strong
acid. Went back to normal after delivery. Maybe you should see an