Mike T.

Default Liability: I'm not responsible for your kids!

As mentioned in the article, the state in which this happened has
no "good samaritan" law. She was not obligated to protect
anyone.

As I understand the "good samaritan" law, it is mainly to protect "good
samaritans". That is, the law is worded to the effect that if you
reasonably act to try to save someone's life, the person you tried to save
(or their relatives) can't sue you later.

She was not obligated to protect anyone, but that has nothing to do with any
good samaritan law, or lack thereof. -Dave