Nobody

Default Is this a typical experience?

Yeah. It sucks.

It helps to get to know your neighbors, build a network, and find out
who's good and reliable before inviting these trades folks into your
home.

There are an awful lot of folks making a living doing really ****ty
work with really ****ty customer service skills. The good and
reliable folks generally don't want to deal with every new pain inthe
ass homeowner, and gravitate instead to larger jobs.

Well, I've only stumbled onto one drywall guy that I'd invite back for more
work. Everyone else I've had do work for me, forget about it. Actually to be
fair, I'd probably invite a carpenter/painter duo that did part of the
repair on the ill-fated pocket door fiasco.

You are right though, its really hard to get people to come out. I've
definitely gotta be more picky about who I hire. But there is the issue that
I get turned off big time when I hear "I can do it, but in 3 weeks". But
probably those are the good people lol.