Kevin Miller

Default Product help v's spam

Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales wrote:
I own a tool manufacturing business (& my English is not great) and I sell
tools to make a living for my family. So I am commercial. "BUT" if you need
genuine help or advise on woodturning, my 30 yrs at the lathe may be of help
to you. I will try to answer any question if it is in my capability to do
so.

So to the child like minds that cant see past the (Spam) is that English?? I
am sorry, but it might help you to be more informed regarding what's
happening in tool design and product support to look and ask questions from
successful manufacturers like us. We wouldn't be in business 16yrs if we
weren't doing something right.

Ken Port

Ken,

Funny, your English has never been a problem before. I thought that was
standard fare down in NZ. You do speak it kinda funny though. g
Course, you might say the same about me! So if not English, what is
your native tongue?

The charter of this group specifically allows on-topic commercial posts
bi-weekly (every other week anyway- I think that's what we call
bi-weekly. I always get it mixed up with twice a week.) Anyway, that
was specifically done so that the r.c.w denizens could keep abreast of
new tool developments and sources. You're more than welcome to post
polite adverts here, on that schedule. As long as they are w/in the
approved time frame and format (text - no photos) then I'll defend your
right to do so.

I have to take exception however to the unprovoked slam on folks here,
accusing them of having 'child like minds'. Obviously you don't mean
all of us, but to come out swinging like that just smacks of flame bait.

If a vendor, whether on the internet or in person, has an attitude, I
walk. Life's too short and there's always other options. If one wants
my business it takes more than a good product. I expect to be treated
with respect, and I expect to see others treated with respect. It's up
to you how you want to present yourself, but you'll catch more bees with
honey than vinegar.

There's plenty of folks here that need genuine help (or they wouldn't be
posting!) so feel free to chime in anytime with answers. The more you
participate in a non-commercial manner, the less likely folks will take
offense at your commercial posts. Some you'll never win over. That's
life. Others may become loyal customers. I think of many of the folks
that have been posting here over the years as "good friends that I've
never met". Most people will probably fall into that group, and you
know, that's not a bad thing at all...

....Kevin