Bob

Default Air Lifting/redux

"SteveB" wrote in message news:zkD3f.15545$fE5.7549@fed1read06...

I will still do the venturi experiment and let everyone know how it
works.

Any bets? Predictions? Mind bets?

You'll quickly give up on it and stick to the pump.

Bob

Oh, I know. I just think that a venturi configured right, and with
approximately 40psi input can move a lot of water fast. I may use the
principle to move water for a stream or waterfall on my property.

As with every experiment, you have an idea, then try to see if it was right
or wrong.

It may work. But it will be very inefficient. The pump will use way less energy for the water it moves. Air compressors
are not very efficient devices for moving energy.

I use my air compressor with a sandblast nozzle to spray trees. It atomizes the water well. It takes about 20 minutes of
spraying to empty a bucket of water. through a 6 foot 3/8" I.D. hose.

Bob