Pete

Default Crimping large cable lugs without a crimper

Two options:

1. Bring it over to my shop ( Surrey BC Canada ) and I'll crimp it for
you...... any size from # 8 to 750 Kcm.....3500Kcm if I have to drag out the
big 60 ton Alcan press.

2. Find a electrical utility truck working and ask them to crimp it for
you. I'll bet they take care of it without a fuss and fill your pockets with
black tape.

pete

"Ignoramus25589" wrote in message
I will soon need to crimp many terminals on many short, but thick, 1
gauge or 0 gauge cables.

Crimpers are just too expensive.

Is there some way to get acceptable crimps without a crimper.

I guess, also, that I could buy one on ebay and later sell it, but I
would prefer to avoid that.