oldjag

Default Tesla Turbine

A thought, maybe not a good one..but perhaps a laminar flow element,
aka LFE would be useful to inject air or gas into the rotor section. A
LFE can simply be made from closely spaced plates - perhaps your
existing plate spacing on your rotor could be used. It works by having
a large channel length to diameter ratio. The renolds number is a
function of the LD ratio, so with smaller channels, laminar flow can be
maintained. Laminar flow elements are often used for flow measurement
devices, as the delta P is linear over awide range of flow. Refer to a
Perry's or Marks handbook to calculate the channel size need for
laminar flow at your mass flow rate.

Ken Davey wrote:
Some time ago somebody (forgotten who) mentioned, in passing, that hard
drive discs might serve as rotors in a Tesla Turbine.
I had been working for some time on that idea and now I am finally ready to
show the world (or at least RCM) the results.
http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
Click on Tesla Turbine - go figure
The page is still incomplete but the basics are there.

Sincerely.
Ken.

--
Volunteer your idle computer time for cancer research
http//www.grid.org/download/gold/download.htm