Default Liability: I'm not responsible for your kids!

wrote:

As described, child in raging flood waters and adult who can't swim,
I'd say a requirement for even a parent to act would be overboard.

Sorry to follow up to myself, but just wanted to amplify. I mean a
requirement for the parent to act *by jumping in* would be overboard.
Obviously a parent has an obligation to do whatever is possible to save
the child by summoning help, trying to reach the child from the
riverbank, throwing something that will float to the child, wading in
if possible, etc. Just not hurling one's non-swimming self into a
river.

Beth