Andy Asberry

Default Air Lifting/redux

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:27:46 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

Just got home from the Borg with a pump that will pump up to 60' high. $80.

I will still do the venturi experiment and let everyone know how it works.

Any bets? Predictions? Mind bets?

Steve

Just for grins, I'll make a prediction. The venturi will absolutely
work, even if the venturi is above the lower tank water level. A good
venturi design will pull it to the top tank.

The air lift (bubble effect) may work depending on the size of tubing.
I would guess 1/4" of less. Seems the air would have to be introduced
below the water level. Probably would be more efficient with
controlled timing of the bubble release.

Any timetable on project completion?