Jon Danniken

Default [OT] NG readers

"Tom Gardner" wrote:
I plead ignorance in this...I have had, built and programmed since before
CP/M days but it appears that my exclusive use of Outlook Express as a
reader has limited my knowledge of how other readers work. If you know OE
only shows the original posts and one must open the thread manually, thus
it's easy to ignore non-interesting posts and any threads. Some of you
apparently receive ALL posts and answers...are you NUTS??? If I choose to
reply, deep in a thread, to some stupid rant, some of you get that right

in
your face. Sorry about that, I never understood the venomous replies to

OT
posts because they are so easy for me to ignore or go on a bunny hunt.

Are
there any advantages to other NG readers that outweigh the way they

organize
posts?

OE can be set to have all threads expanded, it's how mine is set up. (Tools
Options Read Automatically expand....) It helps to have a scroll

wheel mouse to flick through the threads up top.

Jon