Michael Houghton

Default What is it? LXXXII

Howdy!

In article ,
R.H. wrote:

No, it's a wool comb, not a card. Used for aligning the wool fibers
for making worsted yarn (the smooth stuff) instead of woolen yarn
(the fuzzy stuff you're more used to). Cards do the woolen thing.

Well, at least I was in the right church, just hadn't found the right pew
yet.

Yep...I'm a bit of a fiber geek, so I'm picky about it...

I found quite a few flax tools that look much like this one, do you know if
there is a difference between wool and flax combs?

It might be a flax tool. It isn't a card, though.

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix
Bowie, MD, USA | Tablet and Inkle bands, and other stuff

http://www.radix.net/~herveus/wwap/