Goedjn

Default Air Lifting

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:12:58 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
SteveB wrote:
But yes, the idea will work, and it would work for a very long distance
if
the venturi is configured to pull the water into the airstream.

A venturi is different from an airlift. A venturi might work, but you'd
sure be using a lot of air for little water pumped.

In the original post, I mentioned "venturiing". Any compressor will move a
lot of air if it isn't being compressed, and any old compressor can shoot
enough air into a venturi, and then have it rise through a column of water
to work. Remember, the top of the column of water will be open, so there
will only be the resistance of the water. The trick, to me, would be to
keep the diameter of the hose small enough so that the bubbles make a 360
degree contact with the walls of the tube.

One day when I have nothing to do, I shall set this up and let you know how
well it works.

How do you plan on filling the water-column in the first place?
And why don't you just use THAT method to fill the tank?

And if you're depending on the venturi-effect to get the
water into the lift-column, how do you expect to get ENOUGH
water in there to seal in the next bubble? All you're
going to get is an atomized spray. That will, admittedly,
get a nominal amount of water to the top of the exhaust
port, just not enough to matter.