Default spraying poly?

Jeff Jewitt, www.homesteadfinishing.com, has a special on Astuo HVLP
setups and several good forums and sells products to boot. I grew up
with oil based products but have now switched to waterbased only. He
has a teaching schedule posted of his site that may fit your need.

Mike Marlow wrote:
"JGS" wrote in message

I too have a Turbinaire and it works well. I think the 4 stage Fuji might

have
a slightly better gun. There are many good systems out there. I have

sprayed
poly both oil and WB with good results. I think the only material a good

HVLP
might have some trouble with is latex.

Understandable. Everyone knows latex is not meant to be sprayed, but is a
finish intended to be hand applied to woods like cherry, walnut,...

If you can find a spray course in your area I strongly suggest you take

it.
You will save days of learning and practicing on your own. Cheers, JG

If you can't find a course (that could be a hard thing to find in a given
area), stop by a local auto body shop. Chat with the owner who is also the
guy that does all the work if the shop is small enough, and ask him to show
you painting techniques. Most would be happy to do so and you won't find a
better teacher for how to properly shoot paints than an autobody guy.

--

-Mike-