Default french doors and floor levels

Yes, I know it's "french windows", but everyone calls them doors.
Regarding PVCu double glazed doors, e.g. screwfix 1800x2100.
These have a plastic cill on the floor similar to window exterior
cills. I presume these are usually installed such that you have a ledge
to step over when entering or exiting. Is it OK to install such that
the floor level is higher inside than out, and the step down is in line
with the door ? In other words, interior floor level almost flush with
the doors, exterior ground level a step down. This would look good. It
may be the usual way for all I know !
Is this idea OK, or should I forget it ?
Simon.