Mark

Default The PEST project - completed.

And one of my faves is the Slug Cookbook....
There may be a side-recipe for marbled murrelet under glass, but
I'm not sure. /mark

Reyd wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:

Hi,
I've been working on an electrically powered slug thrower that makes
the best use of available battery power. It is finally done. It
operates like a "centrifuge" gun and can launch 5/16" (7.9mm) diameter
delrin spheres at 460 ft/sec (140 m/s). The launcher can fire single
shots, 3 shot bursts or full auto (5 shots per second). The magazine
capacity is 50 shots.
It is powered with a 7 cell NiCd pack.

I call it a "PEST" or Portable Electromechanical Slug Thrower.

Please see the webpage:
http://www.geocities.com/pest3125 - Please try later if the site goes
down due to bandwidth limits

The photo album is at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/pest3125

All parts were made on a Sherline tabletop milling machine.

I like most people thought this was some form of pest launcher(to remove
pests from the garden)
out here we have banana slugs which are about 6" long.
stepped upon they actually pop, and are everywhere eating flowers.
perhaps there is some way of adopting your idea to propel these pests
good and far(exploding ammuntion thats free)
that aside, you've built one awesome launcher, I'm tempted to experiment
and see if my 14"dia dust collector impeller could do something similar
with golf balls.
the boxy shape looks quite interesting.