RedOnRed

Default Double Glazing Quote Problem

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article , says...
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else...

Two weeks before our double glazing is due to be installed they've just
told
us that they can't actually do it for the price that we signed a contract
for 2 months ago. They're now saying that they need an extra £746 to do
the
job. The reason being for something that they openly admit to having not
costed up.

Technically I think you could get another company to do the work and sue
the original contractor for "loss of bargain" to get the difference in
prices, but it's really one for the legal groups. Maybe if you suggest
to the original contractor that that's what you might do then they might
honour the original price - if they do then just make sure that they do
the job properly or it could drag on for ages.

The only thing is that there quote is very competitive. For example, I rang
another company yesterday, gave them the measurements over the phone and
they then rang me back with a rough quote for £3000 more then the company
upping their price.

I just don't want to be out of pocket for someone elses oversight. Imagine
me saying there's actually a couple more windows that I forgot to mention.
Well i'd have to pay for those for forgetting to mention them. They've
ballsed up so they should incur the costs.