Bruce L. Bergman

Default Pumpkin Guns/Cannon holy #@$%

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:41:33 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:04:23 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Andy
Asberry quickly quoth:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:47:12 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Exactly what part of the planet is your area? A pumpkin cannon sounds
like a fun project. I'm a bit north of the DFW area.

Pete, I'm south of DFW. I've got a 500 gallon propane tank and a gas
air compressor. What caliber is a pumpkin?

As a Texican, you'll recognize "big ol' honkin'" caliber, right?

The caliber is whatever the ID of the big chunk of steel pipe you
can find for a barrel is. Which can vary a great deal according to
the "Stuff Acquisition" skills and/or the financial condition of the
buyer's bank account.

I suppose there is a natural upper limit somewhere on practical
barrel sizes, but until you find it "Bigger Is Better" holds true.

First you build the gun, then you design the sabots (so you don't
spend all day making pumpkin paste out of your ammunition), then you
find ammunition pumpkins that fit the results of the first two steps.

Of course, I'd love to see someone build a self-contained mobile
armored chunker, something on the lines of a re-barreled Sherman.
I'd pay a quarter to see that... ;-0

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545