Doug Kanter

Default Spray paint help

wrote in message
I've been doing a lot of spray painting lately - from tins of spray
paint, not from a compressor, and have been having problems with
wrinkling. I've used a primer coat and the same brand of spray paint
as the primer too.

About 50% of the time a second or third coat will cause everything to
sort of alligator except that instead of shrinking, the paint expands
and creates alligatoring in reverse with raised ridges.

Anyone know what causes this and how to avoid it in future?

Helen

What are you painting? What temperature? Humidity? Is whatever you're
painting in a place where it might be forced to dry too quickly, like in the
sun? Are you putting on very light coats?