carl mciver

Default Air Lifting

"SteveB" wrote in message
newstY2f.15195$fE5.561@fed1read06...
| I want to lift water about 20 feet from my truck to the storage tank on
the
| second floor of my cabin.

Looking over all the answers is very enlightening, but 20 feet to a pump
is a lot for average pumps. Why not put two pumps in line, one at the
bottom and one halfway up? Sure, one might push or pull a little more than
the other, but you'll get your water where it needs to be with the least
amount of hassle.
Then again, you could just roll the barrels out onto the manlift you
recently acquired to get stuff up and down your little cliff house. Lessee,
55 gallons of water is well over 400 pounds, so that might be pushing the
limits of the machine.