Default How easy/difficult is it to replace an electric shower unit?

wrote:
Easy if you replace like with like which of course you don't want to do
as it keeps failing. Big pain in bum if not a straight swap. Consider a
straight swap nevertheless but in future ALWAYS turn off the stopcock
when not in use. If yours is anything like mine (Gainsborough) the flow
valve diaphragm thingy is the weakest link and won't stand up to
continuous mains pressure. I took mine apart and although beautifully
engineered the diaphragm was bust and about as strong as a Durex
Featherlight.

PS I forgot to add - keep the paperwork some things are guaranteed for
2 years and in any case even if over the guarantee period you can argue
that the thing is not fit for it's purpose if it keeps beaking down
i.e. it should last much longer than the guarantee.
cheers

Jacob