FACE

Default Dishwasher ****ing out bottom of door

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:53:28 GMT, "Brigitte"
wrote:

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
. ..

"Peter H" wrote in message
.. .
Does this model have the little boot that keeps the soap dispenser lid
closed? If so I would bet that the gasket around that boot is shot. You
can
purchase the soap dispenser unit separately and install. It's not a
difficult fix.

Peter H

Thanks Peter, it's leaking way too much for a door seal. I may have to
rethink the "not overfilling" statement. Although the water is not above

the
'bowl' in the bottom of the tub, it may be above the bottom of the air gap
cover. It's either sloshing out the bottom of the door (both sides) or
spraying out. I'm REAL tempted to don my slicker and hold the latch shut

so
I can watch the action. LOL.

Starngely it did not leak at all tonight and I didn't make any changes.

I have a whirlpool dishwasher that's about 6 years old. One day it leaked
about two cups of water out onto the kitchen floor. I reluctantly tried the
dishwasher again, but with a towel under it to soak up any water, but it
didn't end up leaking. This was approximately one year ago, and has never
leaked again.

I don't know what caused the leak, but whatever it was, it "fixed" itself.

Brigitte

Personal experience here, nothing more.

I have found that these one time or occasional leaks can be caused by
having say, a saucer or bowl, in just the correct position in the
front of the basket to deflect a jet spray of water at "just the
right place" so that it goes behind the seal.

FACE

Look! A puppy!