B a r r y

Default Would you make the cut?

Duane Bozarth wrote:

2" is really not that bad a width for ripping w/ a push stick and 5' or
less is short enough that it can be handled reasonably well although an
outfeed support would be useful.

The task is even easier with the blade set slightly taller than the
work, and swapping the push sticks for push BLOCKS, jointer style.

Yes, the blade will chew up the bottom of the push block, but that's why
they're cheap. Blocks are even cheaper when you make them in the shop,
with mouse pads glued to the bottom.

While I prefer a splitter to be in place, I've used this method very
comfortably without a splitter many times. The thinnest I've ripped
this way was 1/8" wide (with a zero clearance insert).

Barry