Dave Hinz

Default Milawukee comes through!

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:33:19 -0500, its me wrote:

"yourname" wrote in message

I am personally relieved, as I have purchased many milwaukee tools and
considered them the gold standard, would hate to see them not come through

Same here.

I think it would also be a plus speaking to someone that is able to speak
english fluently. My Dell support person several years ago was I am sure
from India. I was not able to understand half of the words she spoke and all
the help she gave was from a script.

Dell has since reconsidered their outsourcing to India, and has
allegedly re-insourced support back to the US. Partly due to customer
complaints. Of course, the script remains; tech support is an
impossible problem to solve. You don't know the skill of the person
calling, so you can't assume it's plugged in, you _have_ to ask. It's
hard to keep skilled techs on a helldesk for any length of time, because
the good ones get bored and move on/move up, usually. Nobody is ever
happy when they call tech support, and that gets old after not long.

Dave "Been there, done that, moved on" Hinz