Art

Default Rca P52152st

Time to have a service technician come out, diagnose the set, and let you
know what the reapair cost will be to repair the set. Could be LOPT, HV
Block, or any one of the CRT aseemblies. Then make a qualified choice if the
set is worth repairing or if your quid be best put towards a new item.
"jerry" wrote in message

My tv was made in June 1992. It has worked great until yesterday. When
my kids were watching it the picture and sound went out and the TV
started to make a popping sound. It continued to make the popping sound
until it was unplugged. When it was plugged back in it only made the
popping sound when you hit the power button.
When I opened the back and took the basket out and took the front
panel off, I could see a spark when I would hit the power button( it
also makes the pop sound). The spark looked like it was coming from
around the copper wires on the center picture tube.

--
jerry