Junior Member

Default Rca P52152st

My tv was made in June 1992. It has worked great until yesterday. When my kids were watching it the picture and sound went out and the TV started to make a popping sound. It continued to make the popping sound until it was unplugged. When it was plugged back in it only made the popping sound when you hit the power button.
When I opened the back and took the basket out and took the front panel off, I could see a spark when I would hit the power button( it also makes the pop sound). The spark looked like it was coming from around the copper wires on the center picture tube.
Art

Time to have a service technician come out, diagnose the set, and let you
know what the reapair cost will be to repair the set. Could be LOPT, HV
Block, or any one of the CRT aseemblies. Then make a qualified choice if the
set is worth repairing or if your quid be best put towards a new item.

--
jerry

Asimov

"jerry" bravely wrote to "All" (12 Oct 05 05:08:24)
--- on the heady topic of "Rca P52152st"

Shorted yoke... chuck it.

A*s*i*m*o*v

je From: jerry
je Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:344888

je My tv was made in June 1992. It has worked great until yesterday. When
je my kids were watching it the picture and sound went out and the TV
je started to make a popping sound. It continued to make the popping
je sound until it was unplugged. When it was plugged back in it only made
je the popping sound when you hit the power button.
je When I opened the back and took the basket out and took the front
je panel off, I could see a spark when I would hit the power button( it
je also makes the pop sound). The spark looked like it was coming from
je around the copper wires on the center picture tube.

je --
je jerry

.... Of course it's grounded! ...watch, ...YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!