SteveB

Default Air Lifting

"Richard Ferguson" wrote in message
I think that a regular pump is the right way to go. However, if I had to
pump water uphill 20 vertical feet, I would not use a pump with 25 foot of
lift. Even if it worked, it would be very slow. You probably would want a
pump with 40 or 80 vertical feet of lift (about 20 to 40 psi).

RV's use 12 volt pumps for potable water, they have good pressure, around
35 psi, cost around $50 US. However, they only deliver around 3 gallons
per minute.

Open the yellow pages and look for "pumps". A pump designed for a shallow
well would be a good choice, it would have enough pressure to pump water
uphill and still deliver good pressure/flow to a faucet. Sump pumps
generally would not have enough pressure to provide good delivery with 20
feet of head. Also, sump pumps may not be designed for potable water,
while well pumps probably are intended for use with potable water.

Richard

Yeah. After some thought, I think I am overthinking this. Will go to the
pump store where I can probably pick up one someone didn't pay for and get a
decent price, AND a pump that I know will do the work. All I have to pump
is 55 gallons at a time, but I don't want to be there half an hour.

Steve