Bill Stock

Default Dishwasher ****ing out bottom of door

"Peter H" wrote in message
.. .
Does this model have the little boot that keeps the soap dispenser lid
closed? If so I would bet that the gasket around that boot is shot. You
can
purchase the soap dispenser unit separately and install. It's not a
difficult fix.

Peter H

Thanks Peter, it's leaking way too much for a door seal. I may have to
rethink the "not overfilling" statement. Although the water is not above the
'bowl' in the bottom of the tub, it may be above the bottom of the air gap
cover. It's either sloshing out the bottom of the door (both sides) or
spraying out. I'm REAL tempted to don my slicker and hold the latch shut so
I can watch the action. LOL.

Starngely it did not leak at all tonight and I didn't make any changes.

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I just replaced the motor/pump in a Maytag dishwasher as the it was

leaking
around the shaft of the motor. This all went well and the motor isn't
leaking anymore. BUT, there is serious leakage around the bottom of the
door. The DW is level, not overfilling and not leaking around the door

side
seals. This only happens when the spray arm is active. So it would appear
that it is spaying against the bottom of the door. BUT, there are not any
obvious cracks in the spray arm, although it was removed of course. The
Spray arm is turning freely BTW.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the Ring seal not being seated
properly. Is there any trick to putting the seal back, ie. any particular
orientation?