Swingman

Default Would you make the cut?

wrote in message

The school shop has an old Delta TS. Last
week and and other student checked the
splitter. The thing was NOT centered on
the blade and was leaning intowards the
fence. We somehow got it aligned by working
it up and down. But I still didn't trust
it that night.

First remove the insert and make sure that the splitter is properly attached
to the saw and tightened down. Other than that, splitters have been known to
get bent out of alignment and it should not be a big thing to
bend/shape/push it back to where it properly belongs.Generally speaking, if
you can accomplish the cut with the splitter in place and with normal
pressure, and it is not loose, it is more than likely performing its
function.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05