Default Would you make the cut?

Ok, at our local HS, we have an open woodshop
class - tho no instruction is ever given unless
asked for.

I need to rip some boards down to 2" and others
to 3". Each set of boards will vary in length
from 24 - 60" inches.

The school shop has an old Delta TS. Last
week and and other student checked the
splitter. The thing was NOT centered on
the blade and was leaning intowards the
fence. We somehow got it aligned by working
it up and down. But I still didn't trust
it that night.

I was wondering if there was a good way
I could safely rip my boards on this saw
if the splitter is still "out of whack".

We do have some hold downs and featherboards.
I could see fashioning a hold down that would
keep the boards down on the table. Then pushing
(with push sticks) the stock thru the cut.

Also, I could also see just ripping on the
bandsaw as well.

Anyother good ideas? I searched my books
and without a doubt a splitter is the way
to go and would be if the machine is mine but
I'm looking for an equally safe alternative.

MJ Wallace