Martin H. Eastburn

Default "Dancing" machinery - how to make them stay put?

One way when bolting it down is to have two metal plates (per bolt or leg spot)
and between them is a sheet of neoprene to absorb movement.

A set like that came with my large standup air tank/compressor.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

carl mciver wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
| My buffers, grinders, brushes like to dance on my concrete garage
| floor. A few of them have been anchored into the floor. The rest of
| them need to be repositioned frequently so I can't anchor them.
|
| What's your favorite method of keeping rotating machinery for dancing
| across the floor.
|
| I've tried scrap carpet, rubber matting, etc.
|
| Do you have a favorite method??

My small grinder I've got mounted on an old truck brake drum for
dampening and then that sits on a piece of carpet which sits on my
workbench.

Adding mass is a good way to suck up a lot of the vibration. I had a
washing machine that had a big chunk of concrete bolted to the floating
part. Very nice. The more mass the better the dampening will be, but it
has to be firmly affixed to the part that generates the motion.