carl mciver

Default Pumpkin Guns/Cannon holy #@$%

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message
| On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:47:12 GMT, "Pete C."
| wrote:
|
| steamer wrote:
|
| --I still wish I could interest a few folks in my area to help
| me put one together, but nobody seems to want to spend the time! I've
| got two great junkyards to snag hardware, too. Sigh...
|
| --
| "Steamboat Ed" Haas : A greasy donut, a cup of
| Hacking the Trailing Edge! : coffee and thou...
| http://www.nmpproducts.com/intro.htm
| ---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---
|
| Exactly what part of the planet is your area? A pumpkin cannon sounds
| like a fun project. I'm a bit north of the DFW area.
|
| Pete C.
|
| Pete, I'm south of DFW. I've got a 500 gallon propane tank and a gas
| air compressor. What caliber is a pumpkin?

What's the thing called that's holds shot in a shell? I'm drawing a
blank here. They use that to keep the pressure from destroying the pumpkin
before it can get very far up the barrel. In fact, that's part of the range
problem, because that usually falls short while the pumpkin continues on. I
guess they started tying the thing with a cable or something to the gun so
it wouldn't classify as part of the projectile, thus getting around a
technicality. If that's what they have to do, and technicalities mean that
much, then those guys don't just put some serious money into it, they put
some serious emotion into it as well!